Saturday, December 27, 2014

2014 Christmas Presents: Green Lantern x 2, Star Wars Vans, Call of Duty, Adidas & Astronaut

These were the presents I got for Christmas from family and friends :) It's more blessed to give than to receive but I certainly don't mind receiving too haha Sometimes you get gifts that you immediately think of re-gifting right away but gifts from family and friends are usually more thought out and given with you in mind. Besides the wonderful Christmas dinner with the people closest to you, the exchanging of gifts and the look of surprise and excitement on their faces are all part of the joy of Christmas. I certainly had my fair share of Christmas joy!


So what did I get? I got the Mattel Exclusive Retro-Action DC Super Heroes Guy Gardner Green Lantern and Sinestro (the Green Lanterns' most famous villain) 8-inch action figures, Vans Star Wars SK8-Hi shoes with bonus Star Wars Stormtrooper scarf, Mega Bloks Call of Duty Dome Battleground Collector Construction Set, Adidas climachill T-shirt and USB powered Astronaut LED light.

Scroll down to see all the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.



I have a thing for these Mattel Retro-Action DC Super Heroes 8-inch tall action figures because they were a part of my long lost childhood (and I think they were part of a lot of other adult collectors' childhood as well) and the chance to own these modern retro versions is certainly one I am not willing to miss. These two will join my collection which includes Batman, Two-Face, Aquaman, Black Manta, Flash, Captain Cold, Wonder Woman, Cheetah (see my earlier post HERE) as well as Hal Jordan Green Lantern (reviewed HERE) and Green Arrow (pictures HERE).


It looks like there are two more Green Lanterns to be added to the family: John Stewart and Kyle Rayner. Guess I'll have to wait for next Christmas to see if Santa will deliver these final two ;p


I think I got bitten by the Mega Bloks Call of Duty bug. After discovering these only recently (see my post HERE of my First December 2014 Haul), this Mega Bloks Call of Duty Dome Battleground Collector Construction Set landed on my lap for Christmas ;p


With two levels to search and secure, the Dome Battleground is a buildable location that measures 12L x 11W x 13H in inches and displays iconic features like the massive rotating domed satellite dish, cage sniper areas, machine gun turret, and the red flag. The buildable drone is also very nice and comes with a rotating propeller engine.


Vans Star Wars SK8-Hi classic high top shoes comes in a shoe box designed with the classic and iconic Star Wars print seen on posters when the film was first released in May 1977. NiCe!


Featuring a skull-in-crossbones inspired print that incorporates Darth Vader, the Star Wars SK8-Hi takes the classic high top, lace-up with a durable printed canvas and suede upper, a supportive and padded ankle and Vans vulcanized signature waffle outsole to a galaxy far, far away!


The bonus item was a scarf with Star Wars Stormtrooper and Imperial tie-fighter print on it that was given with each purchase of a pair of Vans Star Wars shoes.


Last but not least, I also got an Adidas climachill T-shirt and USB powered Astronaut LED light


No comments: