Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hot Toys RoboCop 3

This post is about Robocop 3 since it also involves a flight pack like that worn by the Rocketeer in a previous post (link here).

"RoboCop 3 (1993)" was set in the near future in a dystopian metropolitan Detroit, Michigan and filmed in Atlanta, Georgia. Most of the abandoned buildings seen in the film were slated for demolition to make way for facilities for the 1996 Olympics. Robert John Burke takes over the role of RoboCop/Alex Murphy as Peter Weller declined to star in another RoboCop movie.

I'd already covered a part of this Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 scale 12-inch collectible figure (click here for pictures of the packaging as well as a detailed step-by-step removal of RoboCop's helmet - YES! This helmet is removable)


RoboCop's standard sidearm throughout the movies is the "Auto 9". It is a Beretta M93R machine pistol which has been heavily modified for the film, featuring a longer barrel with an enormous compensator/flash hider shaped like a casket, plastic grips and a taller rear sight. Typically, Robocop fires this weapon on its 3-round burst setting.

In addition to his usual armament, RoboCop also uses a multipurpose pod that replaces his lower left arm. It contains (from top to bottom) a machine gun, a grenade launcher and a flamethrower. The machine gun is actually Calico 950A mounted on its side with a barrel extension and futuristic dressings.










"My friends call me Murphy, you call me RoboCop."

More pictures of the flight pack in the next post

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard my friend said Robocop 3 head is not that nice as compared to Robocop 1 head. He told me the visor cannot cover the full nose in version 3 but it covers the entire nose nicely in version 1, is this true??

Jcee said...

This figure looks awesome! I always love robot suit figures. I remember I had a diecast 12" Robocop when I was a kid, too bad I no longer have it.

Dash MacBastard said...

I never really had a clear view of the rocket pack before- now that I do, it's really pretty cool.
Thanks for the pics.
There were rumors floating around the Hot Toys message boards of a possible Robocop Cain figure. Has anyone heard anything about this???

alex teo said...

hey desmond, check out the link here for RoboCop 1 and RoboCop 3 head comparisons :)

Jcee, this figure is AWESOME. after this, we have no doubt that Hot Toys can produce excellent robot figures. The recent Iron Man Mark III is such an example.

hi dash, a Hot Toys 1/6 RoboCain figure would make a FINE addition - i haven't heard anything on my end but there's always hope

Michel VO Takahashi said...

I have the Ed-209 of Hot toys in my
colection and the details are incredible.But the Robocop's Jetpack are awesome!!!Nice pics!!

alex teo said...

thanks michel :) RoboCop's jetpack is indeed awesome - check out the next post which is just on RoboCop's flight pack ;p