Monday, May 24, 2010

Soldier Story 1/6 scale CIA SAD version 1 & 2

Can't resist not putting both released versions of Soldier Story CIA SAD (Central Intelligence Agency's Special Activities Division) side-by-side :) So here they are, the latest released Soldier Story 1/6 scale 12-inch CIA SAD Night Ops Ver 2.0 operator / military figure (reviewed HERE) and the earlier CIA Special Activities Divison (SAD) Night Ops Oded Fehr operative (reviewed HERE). The nice thing about these two releases is that they are both completely differently attired and equipped and yet look just as good individually or as a team.

Check out the pictures posted (remember to click on them to get a bigger and better enlarged view :>) Hope you all like them


While the first Soldier Story CIA SAD operator was armed with one main weapon (the M4 Carbine with Rifle Sling, Flashlight, Supressor, S&B Scope with Larue mount and power grip, opening dust cover which could reveal the bolt carrier group pulled back by the working charging/cocking handle) and one sidearm (P226 RAIL Pistol with Supressor), version 2.0 comes with two weapons (1/6 scale Heckler & Koch (H&K) G36C Assault rifle with folding stock, removable magazine, Integrated RIS with RIS Forward Grip, silencer, EOTech Sights, tactical light attached on a bungee sling AND Remington Model M870 pump-action shotgun with tactical light and sling) and two M9 pistols with eight extra magazines, one in his drop-down holster and one in the front mounted holster of his Tactical Tailor Tac-Vest 1E.

I chose to pose the Soldier Story CIA SAD Night Ops version 2.0 with the Remington Model M870 pump-action shotgun here since I haven't done so in the previous posts






As I opted to leave out the eight yellow cyalume light sticks or glow sticks when kitting out the version 2 operator, the only colors on this double team of black operators are the red and blue shotgun shells on CIA SAD operator number 2. Still not clear on why there are different color shotgun shells. Birdshot vs Buckshot? and then there are slugs too? Live and learn, I guess :)

Close-ups of Soldier Story CIA SAD night ops versions 1 & 2 - i LIKE them :)












13 comments:

ethan said...

These are the coolest guys ever. Luckily i got the v2.0, last checked, most of the stores are sold out :)

dex said...

Hehe awesome,I made mine wield the shotgun as well:P

Version 2 really strikes me as the badass macho-type person with his smug expression, he also seem to be slightly taller than my other 1:6 models :D

you built yours really well, keep rocking man :D

alex teo said...

Hi Ethan, these CIA SAD guys are uber COOL and I'm glad you managed to get yours :)

hey dex, these Soldier Story figures seem taller and bigger when i pose them next to Dragon and BBI 12-inch figures. they are OK next to Hot Toys. thanks for the compliments

Rodriguez said...

Hey, Great review with some awesome pictures. I really enjoyed this a lot. I just wanted to expand your knowledge a little about the shotgun shells. Usually soldiers who carry a shotgun carry two types of ammunition. One for breaching (green shells) and one for aint-personell (red shells). I don't know why they have blue shells here with the figure but thats what they are used for. Its usually Red and Green, not blue. No one is perfect though, but I know this for a fact being an Infantry soldier in the Army. Well I love your review and keep up the great collecting and the keep the reviews coming!! Thank you for your time!

alex teo said...

A BIG thank you Rodriguez for that most valuable input on shotgun shells and their usage with regard to the army :) I've been wondering and googling but couldn't find a most satisfactory answer and what a better way to obtain such accurate info than from the man who is in the know. THANKS man for taking the time to write & for those encouraging words. CHEERS

Anonymous said...

Man......can you say where on line I can Buy one of those toys...say the store.......or where on line....can I get...I often Visit NYC.....but I live in the Caribbean....(Not PR).
so I will be Glad....to get one..

thanxxx anticipated..

alex teo said...

hi there, these CIA SAD figures are very HOT i.e. in demand and hard to find now but perhaps you can try these 1:6 shops in America

http://www.monkeydepot.com/

http://www.echobasetoys.com/

http://www.goodstufftogo.net/

http://www.unitoyzone.com/index.php

All the BEST

Anonymous said...

Alex I was the Guy from the last Post......you passed the poison....and I'm wasted......my Code name will be Luna....if you accept it........bro....I was the guy who also....posted in the Snake Eyes 2.0 upgrade u Did....and I have a version.....that I'm Proud and because you poisoned me.....Guess you will be.....also........I have a Situation I had Tried to contact the Guys from HotToys...HK to get this Figure....but my browser (FireFox) by the way....doesn't give me access to that page....saying that has malware...
If you can tell me how....contact them....I'll be more than happy...
another Stuff......I don't know how could I show You my Snake Eyes.version Pixxs..I will like to give you my Email....but....If could be done in privacy it will be Ok....I know that a Guy in here Call you GURU....I call you "Master Jedi"...I bought the Dragon "Terry" US Navy Seal Gunner and BBI SWAT Team Sheriff Charles " Chuck" Morris ".........cos As Told you Before....you Spread the poison....and If my economy goes well.....I will buy one or two every month....I am not a fan of WW1 or 2 figures....more fan of modern War....and will like to know....What you Have heard about "IF" they or any other figures.....Company will release figures with the Call of Duty TM Modern Warfare 1 or 2 Theme.....I guess that will be a great Add-on to Any fan.....for me will be a must buy......thanxxx.....bro....for this....and let me know how could send you my mail......Luna OUT.........Master....!!!

alex teo said...

Hi Luna, you can send me pictures at cowpehcowbu@gmail.com Always happy to see other collector's pictures. If the computer says there is malware, maybe there is :( maybe you hv to try other sites. These CIA SAD figures are VERY HOT & in HIGH DEMAND, they were already SOLD OUT in my country long ago and only those who pre-ordered got their figures. All the BEST to your growing collection and glad to see my reviews have helped you in your buying decisions CHEERS "Master Jedi" :)

Anonymous said...

I know this is old BUT...the blue shotgun shells are supposed to replicate(if they based anything on facts within the CIA at least when I was with them) Nobelsport LE 12ga ammo, they are #4 buckshot rounds, pretty devastating and was my choice for ammo. Can be used for breaching or anti-personnel. Perfect all around ammo so you don't have to swap shells while forward. Regular army uses red and green shells as the previous poster stated. Just shows that whoever designed that figure had a little insider knowledge.

alex teo said...

Hi there, anonymous :) thanks for that juicy bit of info. These comments are never old because I get notified via email when someone posts a comment and yours is probably the answer I've been looking for. THANKS a lot for writing and putting down your comments CHEERS

Anonymous said...

I wish i could get one. :^(

alex teo said...

these Soldier Story CIA SAD 12-inch figures are very HIGH in demand and have sold out in most places. best bet is e-bay CHEERS