Friday, January 6, 2017

January 2017 Haul: Bandai Online Shop Exclusive Star Wars AT-AT Multi-Stand, Bandai Star Wars 1/6th scale Stormtrooper Model Kit and 1/6th scale light-up Luke lightsaber

The new year brings new beginnings, especially for me. 2016 ended with me moving to a newer and smaller place which means I have to get rid of a lot of my figures. Some of these figures have been with me since 1994 when I first started on my toy collecting journey. The collection has grown over the years and I've certainly amassed quite a collection over 22 years. But it's time to take stock and trim down the collection to those that I really want and those that I can do without. So I will be selling most of the stuff I have this year. That being said, I've not stopped collecting because I still love this hobby and all the new and nice stuff that are being produced and released. I'll just be collecting less while getting rid of more.


So what did I get for January 2017? There's the Bandai Online Shop Exclusive Star Wars AT-AT Multi-Stand Desk Organizer, Bandai Star Wars 1/6th scale Stormtrooper Plastic Model Kit and 1/6th scale light-up lightsaber that belongs to Luke Skywalker. The Stormtrooper Plastic Model Kit is a fraction of the price of any other 1/6th scale Stormtroopers out there and I just wanted to see for myself how the figure looks when put together. Judging by the prototype pictures, this Stormtrooper model kit looks like it's worth a shot (pun intended).

Scroll down to see all the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better view.


As a child, one of the first hobbies I had was fixing model airplanes made mostly by airfix and revell but the interest for them soon dwindled and I moved on to something else. Fixing model kits does have its plus points and comes in most useful when you buy stuff from Ikea. I will be busy with these Bandai Star Wars 1/6th scale Stormtrooper Plastic Model Kit very soon. I can't wait to see the end result. It looks like it's the right scale and size (box says it'll be 305mm tall).


This is the Bandai Online Shop Exclusive Star Wars AT-AT Multi-Stand Desk Organizer. This highly detailed AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport) Imperial Walker "multi stand" for your desk comes with many useful purposes: as a pen stand and scissors holder, a tape storage, a cable holder (cable goes around the legs), a paper clip holder (where the cockpit is located), a piggy bank for saving your loose change, and a name stamp holder (mostly for the Japanese). The AT-AT is accurately scaled and can be posed in any number of ways. It also comes with a 1/72th scale Snowspeeder which can be attached to a cable. It's 26.8 cm (10.6-inch) tall, 31.2 cm (12.3-inch) long and 13cm (5.1 inches) wide. Looks like this AT-AT will be "walking" on my work desk alongside the R2-D2 USB Hub (posted earlier HERE). Makes working at the desk a more enjoyable task :)


Last but not least, there's the 1/6th scale light-up lightsaber that belongs to Luke Skywalker. I was curious to know how this lightsaber could light up since there aren't batteries that are that small. Hot Toys had to include the lower right arm with the lightsaber attached in order to make the lightsaber light up with the batteries inserted in the arm (see the action figure review of Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series MMS297 "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker collectible figure with LED-lighted blue lightsaber posted on my toy blog HERE). So how did they do it? Scroll down to find out :)


NEXT: Review of Bandai Online Shop Exclusive 27-inch tall Star Wars AT-AT Multi Stand Desk Organizer posted HERE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where can one find this lightsaber?

alex teo said...

I got mine from http://tfh.com.sg/product-details.php?p=12290 It's by Hobby Nuts and it's called 1/6 Master Luke Lightsaber :)