Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Review 1: 1000toys TOA Heavy Industries 1/6th scale Synthetic Human 12-inch action figure

This was part of my January 2017 haul (posted earlier on my toy blog HERE)

Since coming across this 1000toys TOA Heavy Industries 1/6th scale Synthetic Human action figure some time back, I've been keen to get my hands on this figure but not for the price they were asking for on the after sales market which was quite high, being the usual over inflated price after the figure hits the secondary market where demand exceeds the limited supply. So I was most glad when TOA Heavy Industries said that they were bringing back this much wanted Synthetic Human at the reasonable asking price of USD150 including shipping.

So I didn't hesitate to put my pre-order in but the arrival of this figure certainly took a while. Estimated to ship in September 2016, it turned into a three-month wait as the factory ran into difficulty due to unforeseen circumstances (earthquake happened! That'll do quite some damage to any scheduling you might have planned). But it finally arrived and here are the pictures I took of the 1000toys TOA Heavy Industries 1/6th scale Synthetic Human 12-inch action figure.


I categorized him under the "Anime / Manga" label as that's what I see when I look at this 1000toys TOA Heavy Industries 1/6th scale Synthetic Human 12-inch action figure. Images of manga inspired anime from the likes of Ghost in a Shell and other Japanese animated stories spring immediately to my mind. I also get the "I, Robot" and "A.I." vibes from this figure. The wife mentioned Westworld which also has some relevance. This 1000toys TOA Heavy Industries 1/6th scale Synthetic Human figure has a very good range of articulation, quite on par with the recently released Phicen 1/6th scale Super-Flexible Male Seamless Bodies (PL2015-M30 reviewed earlier on my toy blog HERE and PL2015-M31, reviewed HERE and HERE)

Scroll down to see all the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better view.


The 1000toys TOA Heavy Industries 1/6th scale Synthetic Human 12-inch action figure comes in a simple all black box with four Chinese words which mean "Combined Become Human". Inside the box is the figure with two extra pairs of hands (pair of fists and gripping hands), besides the relaxed hands already attached to the figure.


Here's the 1000toys TOA Heavy Industries 1/6th scale Synthetic Human 12-inch action figure in a kneeling position. The figure poses well and looks quite natural holding the poses. The figure comes with some weathering to show that it is nor pristine i.e. it did not just come out of the factory but has already gone through some wear and tear. To put it simply, it is not Star Trek but Star Wars. The original Star Trek TV series was a sci-fi show where the future was sleek and clean with everything looking brand new whereas George Lucas went for the 'used universe' look for Star Wars where everything was dirty where it's supposed to be and things were not new but look used. It gave the sense of realism and made it look believable.


This is a pose I always try on every 12-inch figure I get: the famous superhero landing pose. This 1000toys TOA Heavy Industries 1/6th scale Synthetic Human 12-inch action figure does an equally good job nailing the pose. Other examples of this pose can be seen at the link HERE


The pondering pose: what shall I do next?


NEXT: More pics and poses showing off this 1000toys TOA Heavy Industries 1/6th scale Synthetic Human 12-inch action figure

1 comment:

humanbeingill said...

This figure has close to zero restrictions, sturdy and smooth joints and hangs extremely naturally. I'm also in Love with what Phicen is doing... There Steel armature skeleton, silicon materials and posing feel is as goods as it gets.