Friday, July 24, 2009

Sideshow Darth Vader vs Sideshow Obi-Wan Kenobi

I've already covered Sideshow Collectibles 1/6 scale 14-inch Darth Vader from "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" in not one but two posts (links here and here). But I just couldn't resist posting pictures of the final duel between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Death Star in Episode IV.

If you remember, old Ben (Obi-Wan Kenobi) manages to disengage the tractor beam that is preventing the Millennium Falcon from leaving the Death Star and is on his way back to the hangar when he is confronted by his old pupil, Darth Vader.



"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner; now I am the master!"



"Only a master of evil, Darth!"













"Your powers are weak, old man."









"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."



"You should not have come back."





Vader thinks he has killed Kenobi, but only succeeds in turning him into a spirit in the Force.



Another memorable scene from "Star Wars" would be Han Solo and Chewbacca's Death Star Escape (1/6 pictures of the pair HERE)

We'll look at the various 1/6 scale Star Wars Darth Vaders HERE + Sideshow Darth Vader stands side by side with Sideshow Stormtroopers (pictures HERE)

4 comments:

woodhead said...

I have a crazy idea. Ever though of swapping the helmet with ur other 1/6 vaders (ie. Ultimate Darth Vader from ep3)?

alex teo said...

hey woodhead that might not be such a bad idea - thanks for the suggestion

woodhead said...

Indeed since its a case of undersized by Sideshow and oversized by Hasbro.

alex teo said...

worth trying out - nothing to lose :)