Saturday, December 30, 2017

Haul for December 2017: Hot Toys Guardians of the Galaxy Rocket and Arkham Knight Batman

Ending the year with a BANG!

This is my latest and probably last haul of 2017 after my Christmas haul which was posted earlier HERE. This time round, I got the Hot Toys MMS411 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 1/6th scale Rocket Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) and Hot Toys VGM26 Batman: Arkham Knight 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure. I almost said, a BAT and a RAT but raccoons do not belong to the rodent family.


IMHO I always find that Hot Toys usually does a better job of sculpts the second time around. It's like they need the first one as a trial / practice before getting it right the second time. That's why I didn't get the Hot Toys Avengers figures until Age of Ultron. By then, Hot Toys was very good at capturing the likenesses of the actors who portray the heroes in the film. I think the 1/6th scale Chris Hemsworth as Thor head sculpt for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is one of the best by far (see the pics and full action figure review posted on my toy blog HERE and HERE). Hot Toys "Avengers: Age of Ultron" 1/6th scale Hawkeye Collectible Figure also has a great sculpt of Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye (pics HERE and HERE) compared to the Avengers version. That said, I'm putting my money on the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 figures by Hot Toys because I think they'll look much better than the first versions which is why I got Rocket. You don't really need a good sculpt of Rocket (he's a raccoon) but he is part of the group and I've already pre-ordered Star-Lord and Yondu while waiting for Gamora and Drax.

As for Batman, he is the dark knight and one of the reasons why I got into collecting action figures. He's the new addition to the ever growing Batman collection. Check out the various 1/6th scale Batman figures I have posted HERE with comparison pictures as well as group pictures.

Scroll down to see the rest of the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.


The box packaging for Hot Toys MMS411 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 1/6th scale Rocket Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) is a bit too pink for me although I do like how the box is designed to be a tape player and the "cassette tape" can be seen through the loading tray. There is no difference in design between the standard and deluxe versions except for the number printed on the box i.e. MMS410 and MMS411. So make sure you get the right one when purchasing.


The Deluxe version comes with additional alternate interchangeable head sculpt, highly detailed heavy machine gun, and pair of hands for holding machine gun. It was a no brainer for me to get the deluxe version since it offers more options.


Check out the newly developed roaring expression head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I think Bradley Cooper did a great job as the voice of Rocket Raccoon. You can see the preview pis posted earlier HERE


And with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, almost every figure will come with a tiny 1/6th scale Groot (miniature Baby Groot figure) as an accessory which is pretty cool.


In the highly acclaimed 2015 Batman: Arkham Knight action-adventure video game, Gotham City is under a terrifying threat as Scarecrow returns to unite the super criminals of Gotham and destroy Batman forever! To take down these dangerous villains, Batman is donning an upgraded Batsuit with new gadgets to save the city he has sworn to protect.


I think this version of Batman looks pretty cool and a nice addition to the other versions of Batman I already have. The fact that Batman, being just a human and yet becomes a superhero by training to the peak of human physical and mental perfection and an expert in martial arts is rather inspiring although I don't see DC giving him his due in the Justice League movie.


Gotta love Batman's cool gadgets. More on these later :)


Hot Toys VGM26 Batman: Arkham Knight 1/6th scale Batman head sculpt. Check out all that armor


Can't wait for Hot Toys VGM28 1/6th scale Arkham Knight / Red Hood 32cm tall collectible figure to accompany this figure (see the preview pics HERE)

Related posts:
Square Enix Play Arts Kai "Batman: Arkham Knight" 1/7th scale Arkham Knight figure Review posted on my toy blog HERE and HERE
Review of Hot Toys MMS255 Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Chris Pratt as Peter Quill / Star-Lord 12-inch Collectible Figure posted HERE, HERE and HERE

No comments: