Friday, October 12, 2012

Pre-order 3R x Fewture collaboration 1/6 scale Golgo13 Duke Togo 12" Assassin For Hire Figure

Golgo 13 is a manga series written and illustrated by Takao Saito, published in Shogakukan's Big Comic magazine since January 1969. In 1975, the manga won the 21st Shogakukan Manga Award for general manga. The series follows the titular character, a professional assassin for hire, Mr Duke Togo.

Golgo 13 is the longest running manga still in publication, and its tank?bon edition has the third highest number of volumes. It has sold over 200 million copies in various formats, including compilation books. It has been adapted into two live-action feature films, two animated films, a television series and five video games.


2013 will be GOLGO's year if we make it past Decemebr 20, 2012 - a date the Mayans say is the end of the world Hahaha. Because of the 45th anniversary of BIG COMIC magazine's publishing and the 40th anniversary of REED Comic's publishing, 3R in collaboration with Fewture will be releasing this 1/6 scale Golgo 13 Duke Togo 12-inch Assassin For Hire action figure.




3R x Fewture collaboration 1/6 scale Golgo 13 Duke Togo 12" Assassin For Hire Figure will come with realistic (?) head sculpt which will stay true to the anime / manga character, new all-era 12-inch body with three pairs of hands, Khaki greatcoat / trench coat, black suit with gray shirt and red tie, black socks and shoes. He is armed with an M16 rifle with sniper scope which can be stripped apart and stored / kept in a M16 rifle carrying case. Also comes with three watches.














You can pre-order this 3R x Fewture collaboration 1/6 scale Golgo 13 Duke Togo 12" Assassin For Hire Figure at TFH (The Falcon's Hangar) HERE. Figure is slated for release in January 2013.

Check out the 1999 released Skynet 12-inch Golgo 13 Duke Togo 1/6 scale figure I had posted earlier HERE with a fully stripped down miniature M16 assault rifle which could be assembled - pretty neat!

9 comments:

humanbeingill said...

This is why I check your site first thing in the morning and last thing at night! Lol, I can't seem to find Hot Toys Version of this for less than an arm and a leg on ebay so this is very welcome to see. Looks really tight!! However, still think the price is a bit steep ESPECIALLY for a lesser known-new company. I feel like some toy company's are starting to choke on their inventory because of either over production, over pricing, or over-estimating our (toy junkies) ability to fork over money. Even so, this MIGHT be worth it...

humanbeingill said...

I mean I don't mind spending the money, but give us more accessories, more guns, more headsculpts, more more more!!

alex teo said...

Yup! I remember the Hot Toys version was way too costly even when it first came out and my dealer offered it to me. I was thinking "no movie tie-up" and yet so expensive so I had to let it go because it wasn't value-for-money :(

This time around, it seems more affordable. The price is most probably because this is still a licensed figure but at least the two companies collaborating are not marking it up as much as Hot Toys did.

I actually saw the prototype at STGCC 2012 and I was impressed with the product :) enough to put in the pre-order for it already haha

I agree with you about getting more accessories. Used to be HoT Toys was most generous in this area (Blade was a prime example) but sadly, that era is now long gone.

humanbeingill said...

Yes Blade was great with that, but the last Resident Evil releases from Hot Toys wins that award, what a bargain!!! Those days are GONE!! Sheva came with I think six weapons alone!!!!!! Today those pieces would PREORDER for double easy, and it was only 3 years ago!! I would love to send you my custom GOLGO I did a coupe years ago... How can I?

alex teo said...

Ah yes! RE Alice >_< LOVE her!!! Hey, you can send me the pictures of your custom GOLGO via my gmail account :) that's cowpehcowbu@gmail.com thanks

humanbeingill said...

I know and have the release you thought I meant the Mila Figure, but I meant the Sheva, Chris and Wesker figures, they had bundle of accessories. Preorder was around $130...

alex teo said...

Sorry man, jumped the gun haha Yes, I remember the RE video game series of figures :) I have Leon
too. It was like opening Christmas presents - so many accessories. Those were happy times

Anonymous said...

where can I pre order this figure from?

alex teo said...

see the links in the post ;p

http://www.tfh.com.sg/product_details.php?prod_id=4542

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=3R10000&mode=retail