Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 2014 haul: A Dead Cosmonaut (3A), Green Beret (Lt Falcon) and SAS: Who Dares Wins!

July is almost over and I haven't got much to show for it. I guess you could say July was a slow month, at least for me. I only got the ThreeA (3A) 1/6 scale Adventure Kartel Dead Cosmonaut Golovorez 12.5-inch figure, Sideshow Collectibles 2012 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive (SDCC) 1/6 scale G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Lt. Falcon 12-inch Green Beret figure and a Action Man 40th Anniversary SAS Complete Uniform Set.


Two out of the three were impulse buys. The Sideshow SDCC 2012 Exclusive G.I. Joe Green Beret Lt Falcon sixth scale figure and Action Man 40th Anniversary SAS Complete Uniform Set were unplanned as I did not pre-order them but they just happen to pop up whereas the ThreeA (3A) 1/6 scale Adventure Kartel Dead Cosmonaut Golovorez 12.5-inch figure has been on the waiting list since I pre-ordered it some time ago.

Scroll down to see the rest of the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.



The Dead Cosmonaut Golovorez is a new addition to the Adventure Kartel Universe and he is famous for decapitating people back in the USSR before he became an astronaut. You can view the preview pictures HERE.

Lt. Falcon is a G.I. Joe character in the A Real American Hero series. 1/6th scale Green Beret LT. Falcon was a Sideshow Collectibles Exclusive for SDCC 2012 i.e. San Diego Comic-Con 2012 and I was keen on him then but didn't pick him up when he was first released. I managed to see him again recently and decided to get him the second time. Sideshow Collectibles SDCC 2012 Exclusive G.I. Joe Lt. Falcon 12-inch figure was previewed HERE.


Last but not least, there's the Action Man 40th Anniversary SAS Complete Uniform Set. Action Man SAS (Special Air Service) has a special place for me because they were one of the reasons I got into collecting 12-inch figures way back in 1994. So when I saw these SAS uniform sets for sale at a good price, I decided to pick them up. They are not the same as the highly detailed kits that we get nowadays, which goes to show how far 12-inch figures have come since the original SAS were released many many years ago (in the 1980s). Back then, these were released as toys for boys but these days, the highly detailed versions are released as collectibles for adults. That's the difference.


You can check out my toy blog post HERE where I included all the 1/6th scale SAS CRW (Special Air Service Counter Revolutionary Warfare) 12-inch figures released by the various toy companies since 1999 including BBI Elite Force, Dragon Models Limited (DML), MC Toys, Medicom Toys Cro-Magnon MSFS (Medicom Special Forces Series) and of course Palitoy Action Man SAS figures.


Do check back for the reviews. Cheers!