Monday, February 23, 2015

February 2015 Haul: Hot Toys RoboCop, E&S Deathridge, R2-D2 & Lego Lone Ranger + Tonto

This is my haul so far for February 2015 :)

From the left: E&S USA exclusive Z.E.R.T. (Zombie Eradication Response Team) 1:6th scale Jameson YoungBlood Deathridge 12-inch Action Figure (big thanks to Sam if you are reading this for helping me get this exclusive figure), Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Diecast Series MMS202D04 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure, Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars R2-D2 Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure (Sideshow Exclusive version), and Lego The Lone Ranger and Tonto mini figures (not shown in the main picture). I'm glad for my haul but among these figures I got, the best piece would have to be Hot Toys RoboCop because I didn't pre-order him but got him at a very good price instead. I'll explain why later.


The Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Diecast Series MMS202D04 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure is actually the fourth RoboCop figure to be released by Hot Toys, although it is the first die-cast version. The three earlier versions of RocoCop were MMS010, MMS026 and MMS032, all released very much earlier in Hot Toys line-up of figures (and posted in my toy blog too. Just click on the "RoboCop" label to view the posts).

Scroll down to see the rest of the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.


I didn't pre-order this Hot Toys RoboCop because of the price. I felt that it was a bit high. I know that's because it's made of die-cast metal parts which explains the higher price point but I really didn't care for that since the price meant I had to forego this figure. After I saw the latest Hot Toys 1/6th scale RoboCop (Battle Damaged Version) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set (posted HERE) which I did pre-order, I began looking for this RoboCop to complete the threesome.

Thankfully, after RoboCop's release, I found someone who was willing to let this figure go at way below the market retail price which meant I managed to get this for the same price as a regular MMS figure and that works out for me just fine in the end :) You can check out the preview pictures of this Hot Toys RoboCop HERE


The preview pictures of this Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars R2-D2 Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure was enough to convince me to get it (see my earlier post HERE). It's been a while since anybody has done a rightly scaled R2-D2 droid. Medicom Toys did release a 1:6 scale R2-D2 sometime back (pictures HERE) but the higher price and suspect scale (Medicom Toys have been getting the scale of their 1/6 figures all wrong!) prevented me from getting R2-D2 then and I'm glad I waited.


This Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars R2-D2 Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure is way better than Medicom Toys' version will ever be, with so many accessories included. This Sideshow Exclusive version comes with three extra "arms": Utility Circular Saw Arm, Laser Welding Arm, Spacecraft Linkage Arm. For the same asking price as the regular version, this makes the exclusive a tad more attractive.


This USA exclusive Z.E.R.T. (Zombie Eradication Response Team) 1:6th scale Jameson YoungBlood Deathridge 12-inch Action Figure by E&S has only a production run of 600 pieces and wasn't sold outside the U.S. I liked what I saw in the preview pictures (posted HERE) and was keen to get this to go with my E&S Zombie Survivor (reviewed HERE and HERE) and VTS Zombie Killer (posted HERE and HERE). They'll make quite the team.


Last but not least, I picked up these Lego The Lone Ranger and Tonto mini figures keychains. The movie may have bombed but having grown up with the Clayton Moore Lone Ranger and Jay Silverheels Tonto, just seeing the Lone Ranger on the screen again was a thrill. Unfortunately, the Arnie Hammer Lone Ranger was a big letdown. He just wasn't as cool as the Lone Ranger should be. Johnny Depp's Tonto was outrageous and he won't be complete since they are a inseparable pair after all. Check out Hot Toys MMS217 The Lone Ranger: 1/6th Johnny Depp as Tonto Collectible Figure reviewed HERE and HERE.


2 comments:

Richie said...

Didn't know you got The ZERT fig. Will be definitely waiting for that review. :D

alex teo said...

I am just as excited about it , Richie :)