Friday, April 1, 2011

Which came first? The chicken or the EGG?

Remember I was sharing about how blogging has its privileges and the many people I've come to know through my toy blog and my blog posts? Well, just this week, while blogging about 1:6 scale 12-inch Firefighters (see my post HERE), I got a comment from Ted Menten.

Ted Menten was involved with action figures all the way back to the early days of G.I. JOE and had worked as a toy designer with Hasbro. Later he became partners with Don Levine (the “father of G.I. JOE) who headed up the G.I. JOE team at Hasbro and they created toy concepts together for several years. He had been (and I quote) enjoying my blog for several months (I'm deeply flattered) and shed some light of his own about 1:6 scale firefighters. When I blogged about the Playmobil firefighters, Ted chipped in with his own smaller version of firefighters that he had designed and created.


In his own words: "Since you added slightly smaller versions of Firefighters to your blog I thought I'd share my version. I created "The Good Eggs" toy line for a British toy company called PEDIGREE - the largest toy company in the UK. The line was a huge success and ran for a couple of years before the company went out of business. I have attached a couple of pages from their catalog. The line was full of Egg puns such as "FireEggine" and "Eggbulance."



So I asked for his permission to let me have a CRACK at it and share these images. Of course Ted kindly agreed. What can I say? I'm EGG-cited haha ENJOY and be amused :) THANKS Ted


EGG was GOOD fun and I just love my eggs any which way - baked (shirred), boiled, coddled, fried, poached, scrambled, omletes, and meringues. There's also the Chinese salted duck egg which is made by immersing duck eggs in brine, or coating them individually with a paste of salt and mud or clay. Not forgetting the century egg or hundred-year-old egg which is preserved by coating an egg in a mixture of clay, wood ash, salt, lime, and rice straw for several weeks to several months, depending on the method of processing. After the process is completed, the yolk becomes a dark green, cream-like substance with a strong odor of sulfur and ammonia, while the white becomes a dark brown, transparent jelly with a comparatively mild, distinct flavor. Not for the faint hearted haha

No comments: