Sunday, March 18, 2012

CmToys 1/6 scale Rome Gladiators Warlord Edition aka Andy Whitfield as Spartacus

It seems like the TV series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" has made quite an impact on CmToys because all they do is produce 12-inch figures based on the gladiators from the series.

"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" was inspired by the historical figure of Spartacus (played by Andy Whitfield), a Thracian gladiator who from 73 to 71 BC led a major slave uprising against the Roman Republic.

This is CmToys 1/6 scale Rome Gladiators Warlord Edition (No. H006) aka Andy Whitfield as Spartacus


The CmToys 1/6 scale Rome Gladiators Warlord Edition will come with: 1/6 scale Head sculpt of Andy Whitfield as Spartacus – a Thracian slave who becomes a gladiator in the ludus of Lentulus Batiatus; Chest and shoulder armor, Leather Belt, Leg armor, Cloth Leggings, Scimitar x 2, Assorted Hands x 6, Roman feet (one pair), Cloth wrist x 2, lower arm armor / gauntlets, Underwear, Ribbon. NOTE: This product does not include the BODY




Something is either wrong with the new body or the armor does not allow the figure to strike a decent pose. Spread open legs with feet not fully on the ground is not exactly a good posture for a man in my book haha it seems like CmToys couldn't get their Spartacus to pose properly for the preview photos.




I always have a problem with open mouth head sculpts. I always wonder when he'll close his gap before a fly flies into his mouth and lays its nest there or something worse. I much prefer closed mouth expressions -  more neutral and easier to deal with.




This product is recommended to use CmToys 12-inch Body... OBVIOUSLY they'll say that haha

To see the other CmToys Roman Gladiator 12-inch figures, check out my earlier post HERE

1 comment:

Aron said...

I bought the first version and like it very much. But the rubbery body is something new to me and though I read about it. I could not visualise it as I did not own any CM toys prior to this. after touching and posing around with it, my first thoughts are 'This toy is not meant for Singapore'. Haha. However, the likeness of Andy Whitfield in this toy assures me that it is money well-spent.