Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 2015 haul: Hot Toys Avengers: AOU Thor, BTTF Marty McFly, Diamond 4 & Vietnam

My haul at the start of the month of November 2015 :)

I cannot believe the year is coming to a close already. One more month and then we embrace the year 2016! It has certainly been a blessed year with lots of things to enjoy. For a 1:6 scale collector and action figure reviewer like me, the passion is still going strong after all these years. How many years? I've been collecting since 1994 so this year makes it 21 years of toy / figure collecting; and I still get a kick / rush whenever I open the box to check out the figure inside. Until that fire is extinguished or goes away, I guess I'll still be collecting as long as I can and blogging about all these wonderful toys / action figures on my toy blog which I started in July 2007. I know an 83-year-old man who is still just as passionate about 12-inch figures so I know I am in good company haha


So what did I get this time? They are DAM Toys 1/6th scale Gangsters Kingdom: Diamond 4 "Milevsky" 12-inch action figure, Hot Toys MMS257 "Back to the Future" 1/6th scale Marty McFly 12-inch Collectible Figure, Hot Toys MMS306 Avengers: Age of Ultron 1/6th scale Chris Hemsworth as Thor Collectible Figure, Ace Operation Delaware 1968: 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) Vietnam War 12-inch military figure.

Scroll down to see the rest of the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.



This is the recently released DAM Toys 1/6th scale Gangsters Kingdom: Diamond 4 "Milevsky" 12-inch action figure. I've slowed down on this line quite a bit and have given up on a few of the figures but this was one figure I wasn't giving up on. Diamond 4 "Milevsky" is a dead ringer for Dolph Lundgren, even though the head sculpt is done in a caricature style, more animated than realistic but you can still tell right away who he's supposed to be. And the 1/6th scale biker outfit with Motorcycle protective armor, Long sleeve t-shirt, locomotive (leather) jeans, shoulder holster, and Black motorcycle boots is just too cool! You can check out the preview pictures posted HERE.


Dolph Lundgren belongs to a generation of film actors who epitomise the action hero stereotype, alongside Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Steven Seagal, and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Lundgren's breakthrough came when he starred in Rocky IV in 1985 as the imposing Russian boxer Ivan Drago. Since then, he has starred in more than 40 movies, almost all of them in the action genre. He portrayed He-Man in the 1987 science fantasy film Masters of the Universe, and Frank Castle in the 1989 film The Punisher.


Another Avenger has joined my collection. This is the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series MMS306 Avengers: Age of Ultron 1/6th scale Chris Hemsworth as Thor 32cm Collectible Figure. This is my first Chris Hemsworth as Thor 12-inch action figure. I didn't collect all the other Thor figures that Hot Toys released before as I wanted to wait for the sculptors to keep improving on the Chris Hemsworth as Thor head sculpt until they get as close as possible to the actor's likeness and I think this is it. Plus I am trying to assemble my Avengers this time around.


A look at the box contents. To see the preview pictures of Hot Toys Avengers: Age of Ultron 1/6th scale Chris Hemsworth as Thor Collectible Figure, you can check out my earlier post HERE


The use of seamless muscle arms by Hot Toys for 12-inch Thor is a good move as it adds to the realism factor. The more life-like, the better the appeal.


Hot Toys MMS257 "Back to the Future" 1/6th scale Marty McFly 12-inch Collectible Figure was released earlier this year but I didn't pre-order Marty back then because of many other commitments and so missed out on him when he was released. But just recently, I was able to get this BIB (Back-In-Box) Marty for much less then the original retail price which was really a bonus since I finally got what I want without having to pay the original higher price for the figure. October 21, 2015 was a big deal for movie-goers, fans of the Back-To-The-Future (BTTF) films and the world in general. Everyone wanted to know if the things predicted in the 1985 hit sequel "Back To The Future II" materialised. Most actually did except for the flying cars and hover boards. I felt that Hot Toys missed a huge opportunity to capitalise on the date as they failed to show off their 1/6th scale "Back to the Future II" Marty McFly 12-inch figure to generate pre-orders.


Pictured below is the Hot Toys 12-inch Marty McFly figure in the box tray with all his 1:6 scale accessories. The preview post HERE shows all the promotional pictures Hot Toys took to generate interest for this figure. This figure was even featured on the Jimmy Kimmel Live show on Oct 21, 2015 when Jimmy Kimmel interviewed Michael J Fox and showed him this exact figure in the studio. How cool is that ;p


Close-up picture of the 1:6 scale Michael J Fox as Marty McFly head sculpt


Last but not least, this is the ace Operation Delaware 1968 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) Vietnam War 12-inch military figure. I have stopped collecting most of the military figures, preferring to focus on 1:6 scale movie-related figures as that's what I am interested in but once in a while, something comes along that is just too good to pass up.


By the time the 1st Cavalry Division fought in the Vietnam War, it was no longer a conventional infantry unit. The division had become an air assault division as the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile), commonly referred to as the 1st Air Cavalry Division. The use of helicopters on such large scale as troop carriers, cargo lift ships, medevacs, and as aerial rocket artillery, was never before implemented, but by doing so it freed the infantry from the tyranny of terrain to attack the enemy at the time and place of their choosing.


This is the most complete and equipped 1:6 scale Vietnam War 12-inch figure i have ever come across. To get an idea of what he comes with and the long list of items included, check out the preview pictures posted on my toy blog HERE. I can see some resemblance in the head sculpt to Tom Hanks who "went" to Vietnam as a soldier in the movie "Forrest Gump (1994)". You can check out the 1:6 scale Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump figure HERE


Action figure reviews to follow :) so many toys, so little time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

diamond 4 is great.i can not wait to have one,change his clothes and put it on flickr