Thursday, October 7, 2010

ART-FIGURES: SAVES 12-inch "Punisher: War Zone" Figure Preview

From Art-Figures comes this soon-to-be-released 12-inch figure (Product Name: SAVES, Release Date: 2010-10) with Authentic likeness and head sculpt of English actor Ray Stevenson as Frank Castle "The Punisher", 1/6 Body, Diorama Scene, M4A1 SOPMOD rifle W/sling adapter, SIG, M9, KBAR, OTB BOOTS, Flak Jacket, Black Knitwear, Black Trousers, Belt + Pistol Magazine, Military Gloves, White UNDERPants, White SOCKS, M4 Mag Pouch, SIG Mag Pouch(Holds 2). Officially sculpted by:L.J, Paint Art Directed by: L.J



"Punisher: War Zone" is a 2008 American comic book Action film directed by Lexi Alexander; based on the fictional Marvel Comics vigilante / anti-hero The Punisher. It is the 3rd film to depict Marvel Comics character of Frank Castle "The Punisher".


In the film, Castle wages a one-man war against a horribly disfigured mob boss known as Jigsaw (Dominic West).


And this ART-FIGURES: SAVES 12-inch "Punisher: War Zone" Figure comes complete with movie-accurate "Punisher" attire / outfit / costume plus weapons. Not as many as I would have liked but certainly enough to get the job done :) Adding 1/6 weapons to this Punisher's arsenal shouldn't be a problem at all.


If the actual final 1/6 headsculpt is as good as the prototype shown here, Art-Figures certainly have a winner here, as far as I'm concerned. The resemblance to Ray Stevenson is pretty spot on.


Then again, just for the outfit, get-up and gear alone is already value-for-money in my book. I'll take at least two please (many kitbash possibilities here ;>) and BLACK is always fashionable, unlike camouflaged outfits, which may be in fashion today but outdated tomorrow.


Check out the stuff on this guy, including the display stand - NICE!


Drool and double drool ;p---


16 comments:

Traveller28 said...

my google skillz are failing me. Any chance of a store link? :)

ethan said...

And i thought only Hot Toys has the tech to make real-like HS...man I was so wrong :)

WL said...

Personally I liked the 1st installment better.. with Thomas Jane as Frank Castle,,

Sitll this is a nice piece with great gear to go along with..

WL

ryudi said...

finally.....
I was tired waiting for Hot Toys to announce that they gonna make War Zone figure....
still hoping they're make one too though... hahaha....

I'm happy with this....
because I'm one of Punisher fans...
some of my collections (hope you don't mind...)
12"
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/ryudi/2pun.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/ryudi/DD-1.jpg
6"
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/ryudi/zpun.jpg
oldies
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/ryudi/1post.jpg

thanks for the preview.....

alex teo said...

hey Trav28, no news from my distributor too - will let you know when they post pre-orders

hi ethan, WL - outfit and gear is GREAT for kitbashing (lots of possibilities) altho I would have preferred more weaponry in his arsenal.

thanks ryudi for sharing, always glad to see a fellow collector's display. then i know i'm not alone and there are others like me out there CHEERS

Kin said...

Hi Alex,

I have watched the movie & in fact this figure just incredible look alike Roy Stevenson.
Cool military outfit for this version of "The Punisher".

Congratul...

Thanks,
Kin.

Anonymous said...

hi lex, where you did you find all of this photos. please leave me a comment.

alex teo said...

hey you can check this site out

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIAF-003

CHEERS
Alex

Anonymous said...

thanks

Anonymous said...

actually ray stevenson is irish, not english!

alex teo said...

that just goes to show that wikipedia cannot be 100% accurate - link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punisher:_War_Zone

Anonymous said...

Is this true that this figure is going to be cancelled?

alex teo said...

not that I'm aware of :) my retailer has already pre-ordered for me and it could be out as early as November 2010

link: http://eshop.tfh.com.sg/product_details.php?prod_id=1844

CHEERS

StarWarsFan said...

I WANT this figure! :P The movie was awesome! And that headsculpt is fantastic! :D All though he does look a tad too sad. Maybe it's after he killed Nicky Donatelli. Who knows? :P Where was I again? Oh yeah; I WANT THIS! :D

alex teo said...

hey alexander, it's supposed to be out in November :)

StarWarsFan said...

Thanks for the heads up. :) Better start saving up now. Lol. I hope they make a Jigsaw figure too, so Punisher doesn't get lonely. ;D (All though, I know we're getting lucky just getting this figure. :D)