Thursday, March 7, 2013

My March 2013 HAUL and it's another BIG one :)

It has only been just over a month since my last BIG haul (see my last toy blog post HERE of my "Big Major HAUL before 2013 Chinese New Year") and already I've picked up another batch of figures and 1:6 scale stuff. It's really quite overwhelming. You pre-order stuff because you don't want to miss the opportunity of not getting any when it gets released but when they come all at once, it can be quite staggering and mind boggling, in a good way of course ;p


Here's a picture of all the 1/6 scale stuff I got just the other day. Scroll down to see the individual items and see what's already been released into the market. These are all pretty recent and quite up to date :) I'm glad I managed to get them first.


This is the 1/6 scale Bat Spotlight by Dream EX. It can move up, down, left and right. Requires three AAA batteries to light up and comes with two different bat symbols which are interchangeable. Pretty cool :)


Next: DAM Toys Gangsters Kingdom 1/6 Spade J 12-inch figure. This is a one-of-a-kind 12-inch figure released by DAM Toys and I am certainly looking forward to more from this series. You can see the preview pictures HERE first as I'll need time to open up this boxed package and take pictures for a full review later. Definitely quite excited about this.


I just love the illustration on the back of this package. It's definitely paying homage to the 1994 Luc Besson film "Léon: The Professional". Unfortunately the figure inside this package is NOT Léon (Jean Reno).


Another assassin for hire is the Japanese manga character created by Takao Saito and published in Shogakukan's Big Comic magazine since January 1969 - Golgo 13. Golgo 13, also known by the pseudonym Duke Togo (デューク・東郷), is a professional assassin. His age and birthplace are unknown and there is no consensus in the worldwide intelligence community as to his true identity. Most of his jobs are completed through the use of a customized, scoped M16 rifle. This 1/6 scale Golgo 13 Duke Togo 12-inch Assassin For Hire Figure is released by 3R x Fewture collaboration. You can view the pre-release / prototype images HERE


From an assassin to a General. This is none other than DID's 1/6 scale collectible George C. Scott as General George Smith Patton 12-inch figure from the 1970 American biographical war film about U.S. General George S. Patton during World War II, simply titled "Patton" (previewed earlier HERE). This one even comes with a bonus Christmas gift from DID that is nicely packaged in a mini gift box. Haven't opened to see what it is yet.


From one General to another. This is ACI Toys 1/6th scale Warriors III Roman General Maximus Decimus Meridius 12-inch Figure (preview pictures HERE). This is one figure I've been waiting for for a long time, since the movie "Gladiator" came out in the year 2000. That means I've been waiting almost 13 years for this figure but I think it is well worth the wait :)


Here's proof that I am not bias and only partial to male figures ;p This is the just released Original Effect Army Attractive series 1/6 scale Viola 12-inch female action figure and from what I've seen, she seems pretty sexy ;p Don't believe me? Check out the "first look" pictures HERE


Last but certainly not least, I got this Dollsfigure CC206 1/6 scale Sexy Female Xmas Full Costume Set for 12-inch female figures because for some strange reason, this just appealed to me ;p The whole get-up is most interesting and different from the usual girls' fashion clothing set and I especially like the red-and-white drop-down pistol holster with matching pistol. Check out the preview images HERE


I can't wait to open these up and "play" with them ;p By play, I meant posing and taking pictures haha After all, some would say I'm much too old to be still playing with toys but I always tell them it's all in the mind. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter! CHEERS

10 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

oh Boy, oh Boy...! ;D

alex teo said...

indeed ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hi alex where do you get all these figures in singapore? coming to singapore next week, its hard to get 1/6 figures other then hot toys where i came from.

alex teo said...

Hi,

The place where I get most of my stuff from is
The Falcon's Hangar
Blk 261 Waterloo Street,
#01-27 Waterloo Centre,
Singapore 180261
Telephone: +65 6235 2390
http://www.tfh.com.sg/

You can also try China Square Central.
Shops open around 12pm till 6-8pm daily (two levels of action figure stores) and there is Sunday flea market as well (link: http://maps.google.com.sg/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=com.yahoo:en-US:official&client=firefox&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=China+Square+Central&fb=1&gl=sg&hq=China+Square+Central&hnear=Singapore&cid=15123603245607759785)

There's also a shop in Golden Mile Tower called Yellow Box with lots of 1/6 stuff:
Yellow Box Trade
Items sold: Most brands including Dragon, Hot Toys, DID, 1:6 loose items
Website: http://yellowboxtoys.blogspot.com
Main shop address:
6001, #01-24 Golden Mile Tower
Beach Road
Singapore 199589
Phone: (65) 62950938
Email: yellowboxtrade@yahoo.com

and Plaza Singapura Level 7
Movie Replicas Collection #07-12B
Simply Toys #07-10A/B
The Star Factory #07-08
Toy Closet #07-13A
Toy Outpost #07-11B

Hope you find what you are looking for :)

CHEERS
Alex

Unknown said...

Congratulations ALEX,
you have so many fine things there, i missed that roman general!!! arrrgghh.
Do a nice review for me please!

alex teo said...

Thanks Jako :) and about the review, I definitely will! CHEERS

bighatdino said...

Definitely looking forward to seeing photos, and a review, of DAM Toys Spade J - really wishing I'd jumped in on a pre-order for him.

Dennis said...

Alex, congrats on your new haul! You have yet to review your previous haul though LoL. I have read positive stuff on ACI Toys 1/6th scale Warriors III Roman General Maximus Decimus Meridius. I'm looking forward to your review.

Cheers

alex teo said...

You are right Dennis ;p so many toys, so little time LOL I was unpacking some and then was informed of this latest arrival so now there are quite a lot on my hands. I'm just as excited about General Maximus and eager to get the review going too. Cheers

Kaido said...

Awesome haul! Looking fwd to reading your thoughts on Golgo and how it compares with the HT version. Viola looks great too! I like the sculpted hair and stylized anime look.

However, most looking fwd to your Spade J review. I ordered this bad boy too and dying to find out how the actual in hand product turned out, especially clothing and quality of the figure's body! Personally, for me, this is the most exciting line to come out since FoxBox.