Thursday, July 25, 2013

"Fetch that Cobra!" Hot Toys 1/6 scale G.I. Joe Retaliation Snake Eyes figure & pet wolf Timber

Snake Eyes is one of the most prominent characters in the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero franchise (which includes toyline, comic books and cartoon series), and has appeared in every series since its inception. He is portrayed by Ray Park in the 2009 live-action film "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra", and the 2013 sequel "G.I. Joe: Retaliation". As part of his profile, Snake Eyes has a pet wolf named Timber that has appeared several times in toys, comics, and animation.

Having gotten the exceptional Hot Toys 1/6th scale G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes 12-inch Ninja Collectible Figure (reviewed earlier HERE and HERE), I thought Snake Eyes would be incomplete without his pet wolf Timber so I added it to these pictures :) I had bought Timber wolf loose at a flea market, having seen it being included as part of the Sideshow Collectibles G.I. Joe 12-inch Snake Eyes And 1/6 scale Timber Figure Set (previewed HERE). I wasn't keen on Sidehow's version of Snake Eyes (never have been) so I was quite pleased to be able to just pick up Timber.


Timber comes with movable joints and its body is in three parts so that you are able to pose it. 1/6 scale Timber wolf is sculpted very well but he's also very heavy. How heavy? He's heavy like a brick which is odd because normally everything else in 1/6 scale that is not a statue doesn't weigh this much. He's heavier than most (if not all) of my 12-inch figures.


According to Sideshow Collectibles, Timber is Fully Posable with 12 points of articulation. I really don't think that you can pose him very much :( Unlike a 12-inch human figure which can be fully pose-able if it's not restricted by the clothing or armor that is put on him, Timber is pretty much set in this pose and even though you can move his legs to achieve some running poses, I doubt you can make him sit and fetch or roll over like a real dog would ;p That said, I just like me a 1/6 scale wolf!


And because of Timber's heavy weight, it puts a lot of pressure on the joints and makes it very difficult for him to stand, let alone be posed in any other way.


What attracted me to Timber was the sculpting. It's a very good sculpt in itself though adding the movable joints to make it pose-able was a tad ambitious.


Here are more pictures of Hot Toys 1/6 scale "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" Snake Eyes 12-inch limited edition collectible figure fully loaded and ready to take on COBRA. Scroll down to see the turnaround views







Close-up shots of Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series MMS192 G.I. Joe Retaliation: 1/6th scale Snake Eyes Collectible Figure




NEXT: Timber has his pictures taken :)

1 comment:

One Shot said...

I recently picked this bad boy up from PBT and he's actually pretty cool. (I also have Storm Shadow coming)...should I get Roadblock too? I know most likely I will.