Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Batman's real mask

Bruce Wayne in suit, a must-have for any Batman fan
At the end of "Batman Begins"
Rachel Dawes: "I never stopped thinking about you. About us. And when I heard you were back, I-I started to hope."
[Rachel kisses Bruce] "But then I found out about your mask."
Bruce Wayne: "Batman's just a symbol, Rachel."
Rachel Dawes: [Rachel touches Bruce's face] "No, *this* is your mask. Your real face is the one that criminals now fear. The man I loved - the man who vanished - he never came back at all. But maybe he's still out there, somewhere. Maybe some day, when Gotham no longer needs Batman, I'll see him again."
This Christian Bale Bruce Wayne head sculpt came with the second Batman figure from "The Dark Knight" by Hot Toys, the first being the original costume version, which was better than their "Batman Begins" version. Comparisons of the two suits here. My gripe is, if the neck is so thick for all Hot Toys' heads and it looks okay, why did Hot Toys make the neck for the new suit so thin and scrawny?





IMHO there isn't a better head sculpt of Christian Bale Bruce Wayne out there, which suits me just fine - pun intended :)

Other Christian Bale head sculpts produced: Bruce Wayne (Batman original costume version), Bruce Wayne by Takara, Christian Bale as Jim Davis ("Harsh Times") and Christian Bale as Grammaton Cleric First Class John Preston.

10 comments:

Shaun said...

my guru, you are using the default neck that came with BW's head? Looks abit too long, IMHO.

alex teo said...

yeah, now that you mention it, it does look a bit long. thanks for the heads up (pun intended - LOL)

Shaun said...

you're welcome my guru. That said, the default true type neck may appear too short as well.

alex teo said...

wah piang! was just about to switch necks - what's your recommended solution, my "anatomically correct" friend?

Shaun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaun said...

Do the switch, see if it looks fine, if not, try a BBI 3.5 neck. But have to blue tack the head cavity if you're using BBI 3.5 neck. I'm using the standard True Type neck for my BW. Don't angry lah my guru. It's also due to the damn thick Sat Toys shirt collar that makes it look funny.

alex teo said...

no lah, not angry lah :) i really value your input coz it makes the figure look better. i say "anatomically correct" becoz i know you know your different body types very well - i've been reading your various posts about them. i just collect the figures, never really strip them and bash them as much so i'm no guru in this area leh ;p hope you don't mistaken me

Shaun said...

never mistook your post at all my guru! :) so did you find the better neck for the bash in the end? Which one works better for you?

Willy's Toys said...

Thats funny, because I used a Hot Toys Slim Version TrueType for my custom, and I had to grind down the neck joint to get it to fit. I chose to use the slim version so the suit wouldnt look so bulky, ya know? Love the suit used here by the way. =]

alex teo said...

hi jon, i just plonked the head onto the already dressed figure. this suit has since been recycled and Daniel Craig is now wearing it :)