Tuesday, July 31, 2012

For those who missed out on Hot Toys Wolverine - there's Toys Box 1/6th scale Wolfman figure

For those who missed out on the Hot Toys X-Men Origins 1/6th scale Wolverine 12-inch figure (reviewed HERE), there's this upcoming release from Toys Box called 1/6 Wolfman. It's basically a Wolverine wannabe without his shirt and jacket (check out pictures of the Hot Toys version HERE). I suppose Toys Box is going for something different with the snarling head sculpt but I for one do not like these overtly expressive heads. But that's just my personal preference ;p Some people will find this alternate head sculpt a good addition.


Toys Box 1/6th scale Wolfman will come with 1/6th scale head sculpt, one pair of hands with Claws, soldier dog tags, sweat shirt / undershirt, Jeans, belt with buckle, one pair boots. NOTE: No 12-inch figure body is included. This is just a head with clothes set, plus the necessary claws to turn this piece into a WOLFMAN.




No news yet on release dates nor pre-orders but the price is being set at USD119.90 without shipping. Me thinks that's a lot to ask for an unlicensed product without much accessories or clothes :( Doesn't even come with a body which would set you back some. All in, not really value-for-money IMHO





9 comments:

One Shot said...

Not for no 119.00 that's for sure, 49.99 would still make me say "oh Heck no!"
This is cool but not for this asking price.

alex teo said...

my thots exactly ;p

Anonymous said...

Price is ridiculous, and the headsculpt isn't great, and no body makes it a no-Brainer-passer-upper. Those claws BETTER be metal!! I'm positive they'll fly off ebay though. I'd consider getting the head and claws if they're a decent price....


"beauty is in the eye of the collector"

alex teo said...

just becoz HT ups their asking price, every tom, dick & harry with a 1/6th scale product thinks they can do the same when their stuff doesn't even come close to HT's standard SIGH

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my thoughts EXACTLY. Feels like were all in the movie SPEED, on a run-away bus with these prices. I'm starting to feel like a sucker being "taken for a ride", as they say. l believe value is based on an INDIVIDUAL's perception and willingness pay. I think too many people (including myself) tolerate over inflated prices which in turn justifies manufactures to continue inflating prices. Sometimes I say $%@# thats exspensive, but I gotta have it. Fortunately this aint one of those times. Value is in a person's reasoning... And "beauty is in the eye, etc etc...... :)

Ed Catto said...

I agree with all the comments here, and I want to re-iterate that we'e working really hard to keep the prices reasonable on our Captain Action line. Just like in the 60's, we have a base figure and then costumes. Right now we have Capt. America and Spider-Man, soon we'll have Thor and Loki. After that, we've got Iron Man and either Red Skull or Wolverine. Would love to hear what you think of our stuff! www.CaptainAction.com and I'm at EdCatto@CaptainAction.com
Our Toys R Us costumes are just $19.99 and the deluxe versions are $29.99. Thanks, guys!

alex teo said...

Thanks Ed for dropping by and giving us the heads up :) I've already got the Captain America and Spider-Man deluxe versions and am looking forward to the others. Too bad Toys R Us in Singapore don't bring in any Captain Action stuff :(

Jason Austin said...

Hey Alex if you need figures from Toys R Us in the US let me know. They are way cheaper than on e-bay! I picked up a few things for Sean awhile back. Jason from Cali

alex teo said...

Hi Jason, a big THANKS for the offer :) that's very kind of you CHEERS