Saturday, September 27, 2014

Comparison pictures of OE Killer Instinct Righter with Sam, Princess Jun, Vis Eris, Raiden & Boom

continued from previous post...

Having done a two-part review of the recently released Original Effect OE Killer Instinct series 1/6 scale Righter 13.5" tall female action figure HERE and HERE, I think it's a good time to do comparison shots of OE Killer Instinct Righter with OE Killer Instinct Sam. After all, they are both supposed to be from the same series and yet they both look so different from each other in terms of uniform / outfit. Killer Instinct Sam looks rather rugged as if she lives in a post-apocalyptic world whereas Killer Instinct Righter looks like she came from a sci-fi futuristic world. Whatever it is, I like them both :) from their anime / manga looking stylized female head sculpts to their different outfits. I actually prefer this series to OE's original Army Attractive series of which 1/6 scale Viola female action figure was the first. Check out my review HERE and HERE.


It's funny how when I first started my toy collecting hobby which then transcended to 1/6 scale action figures, I never thought I would be collecting 12-inch female figures. Looks like I have quite a few of them in my collection now. And OE's female figures are not even 12 inches tall but taller at 13 inches (without heels). With the heels added, they are 13.5 inches tall which makes them giants in the 1/6 scale world.

Scroll down to see the comparison pictures of OE Killer Instinct Righter with Sam, Princess Jun, Vis Eris, Raiden & Boom. Not sure who they are? Well, you just have to check them out. Click on them for bigger and better views.



As you can see from the pictures, OE Killer Instinct Righter is much taller than Sam because of her high heels. Sam stands at 13 inches whereas Righter is 13.5 inches tall, the same height as Viola (check out the comparison pictures of Sam and Viola HERE)


Scroll down to see more pictures of OE Killer Instinct Sam and Righter side-by-side


Here's Righter with her Uniform cloak which reminds me of another female character from a famous American adaptation of the Japanese anime series Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (1972) called Battle of the Planets (1978)


So I couldn't resist not posting pictures of 1/6 scale Battle of the Planets! G-Force! Princess Jun together with OE Killer Instinct Righter and Sam. You can see from the pictures just how much bigger OE's female figures are compared with other 1/6 scale figures


This is the Takara Cool Girl 1/6th scale Gatchaman G3 Jun the Swan CyGirl 12-inch female action figure which was from sometime ago. You can view more pictures HERE and HERE


And here are pictures of OE Killer Instinct Righter with Takara's CG-13 "Eris" from the Violent Interception Squad (VIS) - see my earlier post HERE for more pictures. They both look like they belong in the sci-fi world.


I just love the whole RoboCop look about her, including the ED209 inspired helmet with the black dome. Check out the recently released NECA Robocop 10-inch tall ED-209 Robot Action Figure (with Sound Effects & Dialogue) posted HERE and HERE as well as the Hot Toys 1/6 scale version of ED-209 HERE


Scroll down to see more pictures of this Takara CG-13 1/6 scale Violent Interception Squad (VIS) "Eris" 12-inch female figure


How does Medicom Toys 1/6 scale Metal Gear Solid 4: Raiden fit into all this? he doesn't but I just felt that he could fit very well in the world where OE Killer Instinct Righter and Sam came from.


You can view more pictures of this Medicom Toys 1/6 scale Metal Gear Solid 4: Raiden in my 2008 post HERE


And here's OE Killer Instinct Sam with AX2 "Boom!" Series Collection #2 1/6 scale Rei (prototype clone) 12-inch action figure. They both certainly look like they belong in the same world. Check out the review of AX2 "Boom!" Rei HERE, HERE and HERE


So that about covers it for now :)

Related post:
March 18, 2014 – Review of OE (Original Effect) 1/6 Reborn Body - alternative female body for 1/6 scale kitbashing posted HERE and HERE

2 comments:

Talkie said...

Dude you rock, you're like the only one out there providing ultra high quality pics of OE figures. Normally i'm not into action figures (More of a doll chick myself) But something about these just resonate with me. Maybe it's their unique headsculpts or their nice outfits but I haven't wanted any figures this bad since I discovered ThreeA

alex teo said...

Thanks Talkie :) I have to agree with you that these OE gals have a certain quality about them I also cannot seem to pin down. I don't usually collect female figures but find myself getting quite a few of them myself LOL