Thursday, May 3, 2012

Playmobil Fi?ures Series 1 "Headsman" i.e. Playmobil also has their very own aX-MAN

I had such FUN with these and it seemed like I just couldn't get enough of Playmobil Fi?ures so I went out and bought some more :) Having gotten only one Playmobil figure from the Playmobil Fi?ures Series 1 (for boys) - click HERE to see who I got ;p - I actually went back to look for a few more and this is one of those I felt for (felt and not fell because you have to "feel" the package for the figure otherwise you might end up with doubles or triples of the same).

Playmobil calls this figure the "Headsman" which is defined as "one that beheads i.e. executioner" with its first known use in 1600. I would like to call this figure the aX-MAN because it has a nice ring to it haha besides sounding a lot like one of my favorite mutant teams from the comics which I read a lot of while still in school. I grew up with comics and it was because of the love of the comic characters that drew me into toy collecting because the toy action figures were three-dimensional (3-D) renditions of my favorite heroes.


As you probably know by now, Playmobil Fi?ures consist of polybagged figures in two different assortments (one set for boys and one set for girls) and you never know what you are going to get unless you get a feel for it because then you can more or less decipher what is hidden from view inside the package. If your guess is right, then you have what you are looking for. If not, put it aside and try again.


I believe this is the first time the Playmobil figure comes unassembled. When you open the packaging, the Playmobil Fi?ure is packed loose with all its necessary parts. You get to put the figure together with the simple instruction sheet provided. You can also customize your own figure using different parts from different bags.


The basic Playmobil figure comes with the standard smiling face which has been there since the brand started in 1975. This Headsman figure has extra face paint added for additional effect plus he has the hairstyle of the era which I felt was a nice touch by Playmobil given that both the hairstyle and face paint would be hidden when the red hood goes over his head.


And now I give you, the RED hood! I really like how everything comes together and am glad there are still these around for those who want a second chance. But not for long. Playmobil has announced that they will cease production of the Series 1 Fi?ures and once the stock in the shop sells out, there won't be any restock for these. So grab them while you still can.


Scroll down for turnaround views of this Playmobil Fi?ures Series 1 (for boys) "Headsman" / Executioner / aX-MAN figure. The combination of red and black colors goes very well and reminds me a lot of Deadpool, the Marvel Comics mercenary and anti-hero which has become rather popular.


Why are executioners historically depicted as wearing hoods? It's so that the condemned person does not have to see the executioner's face. Also, to safeguard his identity, so that he cannot be the victim of any reprisals or revenge attacks by the victim's family or friends.


Besides the ax, the guillotine was a device used for carrying out executions by decapitation. Thank goodness those days of barbaric behavior are over.


Click on the "Playmobil" label at the bottom of this toy blog post to see more Playmobil entries, including quite a number of Playmobil Fi?ures which I had recently bought :)

No comments: